[Iraq] UNITAR Social Entrepreneurship with Digital Health: Empowering women to accelerate prosperity and close the digital divide in healthcare
UNITAR Hiroshima is announcing a call for applications for a 2-week online training programme from March 7th, 2022, to March 18th, 2022, titled: “UNITAR Social Entrepreneurship with Digital Health: Empowering women to accelerate prosperity and close the digital divide in healthcare.” This programme is in response to the changing landscape of health care and issues accelerated by the ongoing COVID-19 crisis such as disruption of health services, health service delivery, and staff shortages. This training intends to empower women in Iraq by utilizing world-class knowledge on the fundamentals of digital health and entrepreneurship to widen participants’ understanding on course topics. This cutting-edge knowledge will allow those that complete this course to positively impact their communities.
The Programme will be in English and open to participants from public, private and civil sectors who are eager to strengthen their knowledge on digital health and digital entrepreneurship in Iraq. This training seeks participants who are committed to developing knowledge and key skills on the fundamentals of Digital Health and Digital Entrepreneurship. Using an online learning portal and discussion boards, webinars, and speaker sessions, learners will receive local and contextualized knowledge on course topics. The courses will provide insights into the entrepreneurial linkages with digital health.
The Training will include the following topics:
- Introduction to Digital Health
- Patient-centred theories
- Population Health
- Health Information Technology
- Contextualized Health
- Introduction to Digital Entrepreneurship
- Wearable Devices
- Entrepreneurial Strategies
The joint online training programme with Columbia University, USA will run for 2-weeks (March 7th, 2022 to March 18th, 2022) which will include self-paced online courses, webinars, discussions, and quizzes. It will be fully delivered in English.
NB: Please be aware that the dates and topics of the training are subject to change.
To apply for this programme, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Create a SurveyMonkey Apply account (if you do not have one already)
- Complete the Eligibility Criteria Survey
- Start, complete and submit your Application Form
Participants will be selected through an open call for applications based on specific criteria including:
- Women Entrepreneurs interested in the health sector;
- Women Medical Practitioners;
- Physician Assistants
- Medical Sales Representatives
- Mental Health Professionals (counsellors, therapists, psychologists)
- Hospital Administrators
- Geographical and sectoral representation within Iraq;
- Deep interest in Digital Technologies and the health sector;
- Good oral and written English skills;
- Have access to a computer and an internet connection;
- Commitment to completion of training programme; and
- Keen passion to learn by doing and highly motivated to succeed to provide a positive impact on society.
The programme will be delivered in English and carried out 100% online, incorporating asynchronous on-demand courses and a series of webinars delivered by expert facilitators, through online platforms.
Applications will be accepted until March 2nd, 2022.